Skip to main content

LUNA TSUKI Captures THE BARBITCHUETTES Live

LUNA TSUKI captures John Zewizz & hiz BARBITCHUETTES


     by JOHN ZEWIZZ

   ADULT MATERIAL - Not Suitable for Minors




All pictures ~ Copyright Luna Tsuki
(BARBITCHUETTE~ "LuLu" and John Zewizz / Middle East 1994)
  • (John Zewizz and BARBITCHUETTE "Sonyia" Middle East 1994)

  • (John Zewizz & BARBITCHUETTE "Catwomen" Lulu & Sandra- Avalon Boston 95)
  •  
  • I met Luna I think it waz in 1992 at one ov our Shows. She stood out az being very perceptive in the 'theatre'/burlesque' style ov fetishism SLEEPCHAMBER waz performing live. She even seemed to have an interest in being a BARBITCHUETTE. The line-ups and performances were in kaos at best. I waz drinking a lot and using Heroin at all the Shows. So were some ov THE BARBITCHUETTES. It waz not 'out-ov-control'. but needed serious focusing. 
  • Luna waz always right up front taking pictures.


  •  You can see her in some ov the live SLEEPCHAMBER videos. When I started seeing her photos I waz amazed. Luna waz a Pro.
  • SLEEPCHAMBER waz used to getting only a handful ov good pix. I instantly knew Luna had to be one ov Our 'Pride' that represented SLEEPCHAMBER and THE BARBITCHUETTES.
  • In 1993 Luna waz at every show. I had others taking pix but Luna's stood out az the best ov all. 
  • Luna never asked to be 'on the guest list'..(how rare iz that ?). She just became part ov the psyche and captured THE BARBITCHUETTES at their best.  Which they deserved for their obscure cabaret fetish performances az BARBITCHUETTES. This waz no drunken joke.
  • Rules were constantly being made because ov the variety ov BARBITCHUETTE styles and Song performances. There were up to 18 BARBITCHUETTES in Shows at MANRAY club in Cambridge. Most popular waz Halloween and New Years Eve. SLEEPCHAMBER became the House-band for MANRAY. They were starting to do "Fetish Nights" and we were constantly being asked to play there. We played MANRAY more than any other club in Boston.. Most people do not know that GROUND ZERO-(club) were the owners ov MANRAY. So, after a few performances at GROUND ZERO we automatically started playing MANRAY. GROUND ZERO had closed.

  •  SLEEPCHAMBER and THE BARBITCHUETTES played MANRAY 6~years in a row on New Years Eve. They also requested we play their "Bondage fashion Shows" along with the fantastick assistance from the HUBBA-HUBBA fetish/bondage shop in Cambridge. 
  • Historically Luna and HUBBA-HUBBA were a structure exposing the SLEEPCHAMBER / BARBITCHUETTE live experience. 
  • There waz so much going on at that time. The release ov SLEEPCHAMBER'S "SIAMESE SUCCUBI" CD and the Videos made for the release took a year. Those Videos remain some ov the best to date. Even though most are Banned by 'You-Tube' for being too sexual. Even with their Age-Block  'sign in' shield they claimed they were "Too Explicit". VIMEO claimed the videos were "Sexually too Stimulating". (The title I picked for My Solo CD).
  • Luna waz the official 'Queen-Bee' ov capturing THE BARBITCHUETTE performances. I tried to manage so much I feel Luna got lost in the mix sometimes. Yet her photos always cleared up everything for Me. I did not have to manage Luna. She waz her own boss. Totally focused. And thats one thing you really need when lacing up SLEEPCHAMBER and a Pride ov BARBITCHUETTES.

  • (BARBITCHUETTE~"Semiramis" & John Zewizz-Middle East 1994)

  • SLEEPCHAMBER became a 'super power' in the Boston-New York City musick scene in the 90's. I had to turn down shows because we were actually playing too many Venues : The Paradise, Avalon, The Middle East, Axis, The Rat, Venus, Bills , and Manray. In NYC we played 3 shows at THE LIMELIGHT. I cancelled one because ov issues over them putting in CONTROLLED BLEEDING instead ov a date we already had booked.
  • Yet the 3rd Performance at THE LIMELIGHT who waz there up front ? Luna...... Capturing such surreal performances by BARBITCHUETTES- "Semiramis".."Lulu".."Devlin".."Laura", "Sin,"Summer".."Rachelle".."Cheryl-Lynn".."Vernokia"...""Marie",,and the many other BARBITCHUETTES.    (Summer, John Zewizz, and Cheryl-Lynn-Manray 93) 
     
  • Luna knew all the right places to shoot from. She knew the Performance lay-out. Which BARBITCHUETTE would be performing in each Song. 
(Semiramis-Limelight 95)
  • Everyone knew that BARBITCHUETTE "Semiramis" always stole the Show. Yet each BARBITCHUETTE had their own Individual input.
  • Luna discovered this instantly. She waz always in the right place at the right time.
  • Even I knew the Performances were unpredictable. I encouraged each BARBITCHUETTE to improvise at all times to keep it unpredictable for both the audiences and for us.Yet still had a plan ov what we were going to do during each song. 
  • When it came to photos Luna waz the HD ov pix. She captured the Shows az I remember them.
  • Luna played such a part photographing SLEEPCHAMBER and THE BARBITCHUETTES she iz considered part ov The Pride. (for Sure !)
  • You got to realize that once the Performance starts there iz no stopping it. Resembling a run-away-train it never stalls.
  • Each photo frames the fetish moment ov that Song. 
  • Luna followed every show for years. From 1993-2012.
  • The last BARBITCHUETTE show waz at MANRAY-12/31/99. 
  • WHEN IT ENDED
  • 1999-2000 New Years Eve
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Because ov transportation problems BARBITCHUETTE "Semiramis" waz the only BARBITCHUETTE that performed on New Years Eve 1999. I made the decision to dissolve THE BARBITCHUETTES. The run waz 10-years and it had peeked in 93-97. I did not see it going any higher.
  • I got many requests to play the UK, Germany,
  • ,Poland and  Israel.
  • Not every Performance iz perfect. Yet you could not tell from the pix Luna waz taking. 
  • There were over 40 BARBITCHUETTES In 10 years. There waz a 'rumor' that "you had to sleep with John Zewizz to be an Official BARBITCHUETTE".
  • Not that I minded. Not at all. This iz the Species Activity in this kind ov jungle.
  • The magickal-fetish insight in THE BARBITCHUETTES performances are a true reflection ov their intent to emotionally incite the onlooking audience to arousal. It waz a Rule not to make eye contact or any other type ov contact with the audience. I made this clear right away. There were other Rules that had to be made because ov arranging problems and stage conduct. Yup. There waz arguing and bitching from time-to-time.

("Summer" Limelight 95)

BARBITCHUETTES~"Summer" and "Semiramis"(real name) were the main focus to a 2-camera shoot by GYPSYWOOD TV in NYC.1995
The Limelight waz sold-out.
With all the demands and attention I had to focus on with SLEEPCHAMBER, the Sound,THE BARBITCHUETTES and everything else I knew I had Luna covering My back. I never had to advise her ov anything.
She waz more than secure in what waz about to ignite sexually on Stage. Anxiety waz always 'high' before going on Stage.
I knew the 'Pride' waz full. The 'opening' Song waz "Monkeyman". It never failed az an opening Song to snare the audience to adrenaline.
BARBITCHUETTES for this Song were exotickly.. "Lulu" & Semiramis".
Luna seemed to know most ov the moves that were kuming up.. Many ov her photos captured the sexual energy and the invokation needed to ignite this sexually charged performance.
I can't express enough that without the photography ov Luna much ov the history and documentation would not be az full az it waz for our Performances.

                               "Devlin" and "Marie" (THE RAT-Boston 1994)
                              John Zewizz and "Karen" (THE RAT-Boston 1993)
                              "Sin" (MANRAY 1994)
       
"Semiramis" (Limelight NYC 1995)
                               "Sonyia" & "Laura" (Middle East 1994)

BARBITCHUETTE~"Semiramis" & John Zewizz (Limelight NYC 95)
BARBITCHUETTES~ Manray 94 /  John Zewizz with hiz BARBITCHUETTES 1994-(Middle East)
Summer" (Limelight NYC 1995)
                                "Sin" & "Summer" (MANRAY 94)
                             "Semiramis" (Limelight NYC 1995)
                                  "Summer" (The Limelight NYC 1995)
                             "Sin" & "Summer" (The Limelight NYC 1995)
                               "LuLu" (The Middle East 1994)

John Zewizz with BARBITCHUETTE- "Barbie" (THE RAT-Boston 1994)
                             "Semiramis" (The Limelight NYC 1995)
                   
                             "LuLu" (The Middle East 1994)
                              John Zewizz & "Semiramis" (THE RAT-Boston 1994)
                                "Cherly-Lynn" & "Sandra" (Middle East 1994)
                            "Semiramis" and John Zewizz (MANRAY 1994)
                            "Sandra" and John Zewizz (Avalon-Boston 1995)
                             
                 
                             "Semiramis" (The Limelight NYC 1995)
                            "Marie" & "Sin" with John Zewizz (MANRAY 1993)
                                "LuLu" (Avalon-Boston 1995)
                             "Sin: & "Cheryl-Lynn" (Middle East 1993)
                               John Zewizz and "Semiramis" (Middle East 1994)
                             John Zewizz & "Semiramis" & "Natashia" (AXIS-Boston 1994)
                             "Semiramis" and John Zewizz (The Limelight NYC 1995)
                            "Cheryl-Lynn" (Middle East 1994)
                               "Rachelle" & "Marie" (MANRAY 1994)
    "Natashia" (The Middle East 1994)
    "Laura & John Zewizz (The Middle East 1994)
    "Laura" and John Zewizz (The Middle East 1994)
                       "Porcha" (AXIS-Boston 1994)
    
                         John Zewizz and "Semiramis" (The Middle East 1994)
                       "Semiramis" (THE RAT-Boston 1994)
                         "LuLu" and "Marie" (The Middle East 1994)
                              "Summer" and "Sin" (The Limelight NYC 1995)
                               John Zewizz and "Semiramis" (The Limelight NYC 1995)

                         John Zewizz and "Summer" (The Limelight NYC 1995)
    "Devlin" and John Zewizz  (The Middle East 1994)
    "Natashia" (The Middle East 1994)


        

                       
                  








                             
                             

                    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SleepChamberofficial&rarevideo

SLEEPCHAMBER~ Official & RareVideo  Starting with the Videos from SLEEP OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PIECE. All from 1989-1990. Theze videos were all released on VHS.  All videos by JOHN ZEWIZZ with help from NORM FRANCOUER where noted. Using the Panasonic MX-10 video mixer with a time-base corrector. (2-video signals can be mixed together). The first video made waz THE LIGHT POURS OUT OV ME.  We did 18 takes ov 'Lip-syncing'...and I had to make sure I kept the microphone away from my mouth. There are 2 mixes ov this Video. (only slight differences). All the videos had short intros. THE LIGHT POURS OUT OV ME https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xzgLloisgk The next video waz "Mrs Goodbar". The original song waz 8-minutes long. It waz edited down to about 5-minutes for release. We only finished up live sets with the 'long version'...sometimes 11-minutes long.              MRS GOODBAR     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOZREOw...